Most childhood diseases are caused by infectious pathogens to which the child has not yet developed immunity. We know that they are the cause of parental concerns, in this article we are going to tell you all about the most common childhood diseases.
We recommend you to read: Communicating With Our Kids: Crisis Of The New Era
Do you live in New York and need a pediatrician? Contact us HERE
What are the most common infections?
Among the most frequent infections due to their form and time of contagion are the following:
1. Sore throat
- Sore throats are common in children and can be painful.
- Pharyngitis cannot be accurately diagnosed simply by looking at the throat.
- Babies and young children rarely get pharyngitis.
2. Ear pain
- Ear pain is common in children and can have many causes.
- Amoxicillin is the preferred antibiotic for middle ear infections.
- Many true ear infections are caused by viruses and do not need antibiotics.
3. Common cold
- Colds are caused by viruses in the upper respiratory tract.
- Green mucus in the nose does not automatically mean that antibiotics are needed; antibiotics are not necessary to treat the common cold.
- The best pain relievers for children are acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
- Narcotic pain relievers are not appropriate for children with common injuries or ailments such as a sprained ankle, earache, or sore throat.
If you liked this article you can read: Tips To Help Prepare Your Children For School
Our Nino de la Caridad Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering and improving the quality of life of young people in the Bronx. If you want to help this noble cause I invite you to follow us on Instagram and if you wish you can donate HERE.
We hope you liked this article on the Most common childhood illnesses. We invite you to follow us on Instagram and Facebook and visit our website where you can find more details of our pediatric services.